26 February 2008

Aspyr Media games

It has been a while since I posted anything about my day job as a programmer at Aspyr Media so I have decided to update the list of games that I have worked on.

There were a few Sims products that I helped ship, the rocking Guitar Hero game, and the Dungeons & Dragons role playing game Neverwinter Nights 2.

The Sims 2 Glamour Life Stuff pack ended up being the first Sims SKU to ship with all three applications (Body Shop, Package Installer, and the game itself) as Universal Binaries.

The Sims 2 Happy Holiday Stuff pack was a quick and easy project that only involved managing the game assets. If we did touch the source code, there wasn't much too it.

Then there was The Sims Pet Stories. With this laptop friendly game, I was the programming lead on porting it to the Mac.

Just recently I finished working on The Sims Castaway Stories.

Neverwinter Nights 2 is the most recent game that I have been working on. Development on it has gone on for a long time with several complicating factors preventing it from being released earlier. The good thing is that things are winding down and the end is near for this project. Hopefully the customers can get their hands on it before too long. (Actually, I wrote most of this post a few weeks ago and am just now posting it. NWN2 began shipping today.)

Guitar Hero III was by far the most fun and exciting game I've gotten to work on. In fact, it was just named one of the Best of Show winners at the recent Macworld Expo. Most of the people playing games around the office wear headphones, but with the special guitar controllers for this one, it became quite a challenge to ignore the repetitive clicks from the fret buttons and strums. It probably took a good month or so before it no longer bothered me.

2 Comments:

At March 7, 2008 at 2:20 PM, Blogger Burrell said...

I didnt know you worked with game publishing thats soo cool dude!

 
At April 27, 2008 at 11:10 AM, Blogger April Firefly said...

/clap /cheer /salute. What more can I say. You rock, thank you for what you do.

I love and can't live without Sharpshooter. You completely changed my life. I no longer have millions of files labeled Picturexx. I am reminded to name right away or I can wait and name a bunch at a time. And you won't even charge for it. You are awesome.

And now I hear you do the Sims 2 stuff for the mac. I love your stuff. Thanks again.

April

P.S. Don't tell my World of Warcraft buddies that I play Sims 2.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home