Rename your screenshots with pinpoint accuracy!
I came up with that slogan for Sharpshooter while working on the help documents and I think it really fits with why I created the application. My main reason for writing Sharpshooter was that I would take a few screenshots in quick succession and afterwards I would have to open up each Picture X.png file in Preview.app, then switch back to the Finder and give them a descriptive name. Sharpshooter lets me rename each screenshot just after I take it, while the subject is fresh on my mind.
Tonight I have released version 0.6 which can be downloaded here (1.4 MB). Along with my usual MacUpdate and VersionTracker listings, I also submitted this to Apple Downloads for the first time. From what I have heard, I should start getting many more multiples of referrals through Apple.
Here are the changes with Sharpshooter 0.6:
- Fixed Leopard compatibility issue with emptying the Trash.
- Fixed a preview pane bug where PDF screenshots were not shown.
- Fixed a bug when separating multiple screenshot files.
- Now recognizes non-default screenshot name settings.
- New Send Feedback mechanism.
- Now includes a Help book.
- Improved the French localization.
- Localizations for screenshot name recognition in da, de, es, fi, fr, hu, it, ja, ko, nb, nl, pl, pt, ro, ru, sv, uk, zh-Hans, zh-Hant.
Localization Note: The file names of Mac OS X screenshots differ between each language. Sharpshooter will only work if it knows what the file name is for the current language. I have added support for some of the more common languages but please let me know if you want to help localize it for yours.
I'm now starting work on the two most requested features: being able to save in a different format and to a different location. I have been reluctant to add those features just because I had always envisioned Sharpshooter as having a simple user interface. After thinking up several different designs, I finally have one that I really like and should feel natural Mac OS X users. Once I add these two features, Sharpshooter will turn 1.0.