16 April 2007

Pending webhost switch

That's it. I am fed up with my current webhosting provider phpwebhosting.com. I am currently looking for another company to host my domain. Within the last month, my POP e-mail server has been down four times (March 27, April 7, 13, and 16). Each time I have to send in a support request for them to fix it. While they have been pretty quick about resolving the problem, it is disconcerting to me that the problem continues to come back.

Hopefully I can find a new provider with the services I want tonight. When I do make the switch, I imagine that some e-mails to me might get bounced back, but hopefully that won't happen to anyone not sending me spam.

Updated: Fixed a minor typo.

3 Comments:

At April 17, 2007 at 12:44 AM, Blogger Tony Beeman said...

Having switched providers three times in the last two years, I've finally decided on and been really happy with dreamhost.com. They seem to have everything under the sun, all easily configurable, and their prices are great. If you do go with them, I wouldn't mind you letting them know I referred you (my last name @gmail.com). Obviously, that's not why I'm recommending them, though. :)

 
At April 17, 2007 at 10:29 AM, Blogger Isaac Wankerl said...

Tony: You were about an hour too late with the referral. :-( I decided to go with Dreamhost too and was already in the process of setting up a few things with the control panel when you left your comment.

 
At April 17, 2007 at 2:52 PM, Blogger Tony Beeman said...

No worries :) Hope you like them... I've been pretty happy with the amount I can do, and the amount of information they have in their support wiki.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home