09 April 2007

Easter snow

I spent Easter with Carrie's parents up around Copperas Cove and it was a sight I've never seen before in Central Texas. They got 2 ½-3 inches of snow! Unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me so I can't share any visual pictures with you. As we drove up from Austin Saturday afternoon, the rain and sleet changed to snow flurries once we exited I-35 for Highway 195. A little further along, the snow flakes were huge clumps at least an inch in diameter. The dogs loved the snow and ran around in it for a long time. While the snow did stick, this abnormally cold April front didn't stay for long and most of the snow had melted by Sunday evening. Next weekend's weather looks to be much warmer and I'm thankful for that as Carrie and I are going camping at McKinney Falls then.

1 Comments:

At April 13, 2007 at 9:42 AM, Blogger Changsu Lee said...

I was at Killeen that night, I saw the snow! that was cool! I grow up with the snow like that...I missed it so much. It was fun to see it again eventhough it last only a day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home