14 December 2006

Karaoke Apocalypse

Last night Aspyr held its end of year party at La Zona Rosa and it kicked ass. I am continually impressed with the talent and creativeness of our employees. We booked the Dead Motley Sex Maidens band to perform their Karaoke Apocalypse set. One look at their songlist and I knew that this would make for a killer show. I can't recall a time when I sang at a karaoke event, but this one was completely different. When you sing at Karaoke Apocalypse, you become the lead singer for their live band. The thought of being a rock star for a night was enough to make me throw my inhibitions away and pick out a song to sing.

I knew that there would be plenty of great costumes at the party and I didn't want to feel out of place. I put together this hair band get-up and started practicing "Rock You Like A Hurricane". I'm pretty terrible about finding the right pitch, and I was butchering the Scorpions at home and in the car, so I went back to the list to find something easier. With only two verses and a simple chorus, "Breaking The Law" by Judas Priest was just what I needed.

At the start of the party I quickly threw back a few drinks of liquid courage. I was a little nervous, but definitely hyped up because I knew it would be fun. I believe I was the third or forth singer which I wasn't too keen about, but it's probably a good thing that I got on stage early so that I could enjoy the rest of the performances. I sang a little too fast during the first chorus and I'm sure that there were a couple off-key notes, but everyone said that I did a good job. It was such a fun experience that I am going to try and make it to other Dead Motley shows in the future.

If you want to see the other pictures from the party, you can just browse the directory because, with my hangover, I don't feel like making a nice webpage for them now.

Update:
At the end of the night a lot of us sang the Scorpions together and there's a short video of it on YouTube. Try and guess which one is me. :-)

1 Comments:

At December 15, 2006 at 1:29 AM, Blogger Aussie chick said...

Rock on Dude! I mean, man.. is there not anything you can't do! Of course you know we wish we were there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home